[MPlayer-users] mplayer dvd-playback, crashes system

Wolfgang Wilde wwilde at uumail.de
Tue Jul 15 00:47:42 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 08:47:21PM +0200, Thorsten wrote:

> hi,
> everytime when I try to play a dvd with mplayer, it works great for a short
> while, but after a few seconds or minutes, the picture gets very strange
> (there are only orderless dots in different colors), also the sound gets very
> bad (a pipe in a very high sound, that repeats it self again and again...)
> this process takes approx. 1-2 seconds, than the system hangs and I only
> could reboot the machine!

Hmm - looks like having some hardware trouble. Maybe you're running two or more
devices the same interrupt? Even if it should work "theoretically" I found out
this can cause some serious headache. ;)

Try to separate the interrupts or use some other drivers (which sound-system? OSS?
ALSA? Which vo switch do you use?). Maybe this Informations will help us a little
 bit further.

--
With kind regards,
Wolfgang Wilde,