[MPlayer-users] can mplayer adress either multiple audiochannels or multip. dxr3 boards simultaniously?

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Tue Jul 8 22:54:37 CEST 2003

> > i am still investigating the possiblity of playing multiple videos
> > independently with one pc using mplyer. the problem i have to
> solve before
> > i can go on working on anything else is multiple audio. since
> the pci-slots
> > will be full with videocards, i have no more space for audio.
> two thought
> > to solve the problem:
>
> you could try a couple sblive cards but they have enjoy irqs...
> anyway i have
> an sblive value, 4channel soundcard. the driver puts the channels
> available
> to you like this.
> /dev/dsp = all 4 channels (generally maps stereo from front to rear)
> /dev/dsp0 = front channel
> /dev/dsp1 = rear channel

hmm, i tried using my old sblive! as you mentioned, but didn't  have any
sucess with the regular kernel-modules. than i installed alsa and read loads
of tutorials andthe mini-howto and all i got to work was a regular 2channel
output. frustrating.

since i have to either come up with a solution tomorrow morning or cancel
using mplayer for that particular project, i'llhave to do the latter.

being able to adress multiple hollywood dxr  boardswould have been the
perfect solution, since they each have an won audio-output.

what driver are you using for your card?

/jc