[MPlayer-users] libaa only working with X11 installed?

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Sun Feb 16 23:02:50 CET 2003

Hi,
I'm using mplayer 0.90rc4 on my machine. I just wanted to use the libaa
feature to check the movies before encoding them with mencoder. I could
use the DVB-Card to watch the recording as well but not at the same time
as I record a movie. So libaa is all I needed.
On the machine there is no X11 installed.
I did "./configure --enable-dvbhead
--with-extraincdir=/pathtoDVBinclude". The script then autodetected
libaa. After that I simply did "make && make install"
The movie I was about to play is an MPEGPES stream from my DVB-card.
With "mplayer -v -vo aa movie.mpg" mplayer outputs the following:

--->
mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6: cannot open
<---
Note that the above is the complete!!! output.

The option --disable-x11 does not solve the problem.

So does libaa need X11 or does mplayer need X11 in order to use libaa?
Either one was silly, wasn't it?

  André.