[MPlayer-users] how to play ac3 stream (without video data)

Bartek Kulicki bartek at interecho.com
Sat Feb 15 22:23:51 CET 2003

Is it possible to play ac3 stream alone with mplayer ? For example
demuxed DVD stream w/o video data in it. I looked but still have no idea
if its possible. Right now if I try to play such file mplayer either
reports encrypted VOB file (thats the one demuxed from DVD) or says its
unsupported format. Maybe I overlooked some switches ?

If its not possible right now - it would be a nice thing to have -
especially that (almost?) everyting is in place (liba52, -ac hwac3...)
So it soundn't be hard to implement ? Right now i'm using little prog
ac3dec - it plays fine except it doesnt support seeking etc...

regards,

--
b.