[MPlayer-users] Combining video clips using mplayer

Giles RC Morant giles.morant at durham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 6 12:09:37 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 19:15, Nick Hatch wrote:
> I'm trying to find a way to combine video clips using mplayer. I want to add a
> standard two second title screen to a bunch of movies. I've created the
> animated sequence using gimp, and exported the .jpg files and created a .avi
> movie file using mencoder. How can I append this animation to the beginning
> of a prerecorded movie?
>
> It seems that this would be very easy to do, but I can't find the options to
> do it. If it isn't possible to do with mplayer, are there any other tools to
> do it easily?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -Nick

There's probably some clever way to do it with mencoder, but the
easiest way is to use one of the many little tools that comes with
"transcode":
avimerge -o big.avi -i one.avi two.avi three.avi

You need to ensure the frame rates and resolution are the same &c., but
if not, transcode is probably the easiest tool with which to
change these.

Just type transcode into google.

--
Giles RC Morant <giles.morant at dur.ac.uk>