[MPlayer-users] Re: Quicktime: "No 'moov' atom could be found "

Erik Slagter erik at oldconomy.com
Fri Aug 29 19:38:57 CEST 2003

> There are tools for working with MPEG-4 containers, like
> MPEG4IP, though I haven't tried them.

I did. I am not quite convinced (yet). The project includes all known
libs (like ffmpeg and quicktime) in source form, so you cannot easily
upgrade, takes ages to compile, gives segmentation faults very easily
and last but not least is unable to grab video without Xv (no, I am not
joking!). Also it does not handle "large" files (the ones you always had
trouble with using avi and where hoping to be history).