[MPlayer-users] Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Tue Oct 15 03:01:02 CEST 2002

Pere Castañer Sardà writes:

> 1)mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es  -ovc frameno -o audio.avi -oac mp3lame
> vbr=3:more_options

You should "mv audio.avi frameno.avi" here.

> 2)mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es -oac copy -o movie.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vbitrate=1426:vhq -vop crop=718:284:0:50,
> scale=720:384

are you sure your scale parameters are correct?  All DVDs I heard
about are either 4:3 or 16:9, and 720:384 is not near any of those...

> The resulting is an avi of 1635M than I need to split in a 2 cd's of
> 875MB each one.

The easiest and cleanest thing to do is to split at encoding time and
on chapters boundary using the -chapter option during each invocation
of mencoder.

> 1)MEncoder can arrange one divx made with mbr and pass to cbr mp3
> audio?, how?

What is mbr?  I don't really understand your question...

> 2)Another tools to cutting Divx with linux O.S?

You can use mencoder to split it.  Use -ovc copy -oac copy as the
codecs.  To choose splitting location, use -ss and -frames options.

Kim Minh