[MPlayer-users] Re: Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio
rguyom at pobox.com
Tue Oct 15 08:04:02 CEST 2002
On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 12:43:03AM +0200, Pere Castañer Sardà wrote:
> 2)mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es -oac copy -o movie.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vbitrate=1426:vhq -vop crop=718:284:0:50,
If you reverse the scale and crop commands (and adjust the parameters)
you will encode faster. It's faster to crop than to scale, so yuo want
to scale the cropped picture.
> The resulting is an avi of 1635M than I need to split in a 2 cd's of
> 875MB each one.
875MB fits on one CD ? Let me say that you have big CDs ;-)
> I used avidemux (because I don't know any other tool that split divx in
> linux) and it desync the audio with the video.
.avi is a dead end, switch to the .ogm container :
- you can use the vastly superior Vorbis audio codec
- no more a-v sync problems in winblows
- chaptering integrated
- as many audio tracks as you want
- integrate text subtitles into the .ogm (although I had problems on
win* with them)
- split the file in as many part as you want without loosing a-v sync
Use Markus' ogmtools for everything :)
If one could integrate vobsub subtitles into the .ogm it would be the
perfect container for DVD backups ...
More information about the MPlayer-users