[MPlayer-users] Re: Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Rémi Guyomarch rguyom at pobox.com
Tue Oct 15 08:04:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 12:43:03AM +0200, Pere Castañer Sardà wrote:
> 2)mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es -oac copy -o movie.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vbitrate=1426:vhq -vop crop=718:284:0:50,
> scale=720:384

If you reverse the scale and crop commands (and adjust the parameters)
you will encode faster. It's faster to crop than to scale, so yuo want
to scale the cropped picture.

> The resulting is an avi of 1635M than I need to split in a 2 cd's of
> 875MB each one.

875MB fits on one CD ? Let me say that you have big CDs ;-)

> I used avidemux (because I don't know any other tool that split divx in
> linux) and it desync the audio with the video.

.avi is a dead end, switch to the .ogm container :
- you can use the vastly superior Vorbis audio codec
- no more a-v sync problems in winblows
- chaptering integrated
- as many audio tracks as you want
- integrate text subtitles into the .ogm (although I had problems on
win* with them)
- split the file in as many part as you want without loosing a-v sync
- etc...

Use Markus' ogmtools for everything :)
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/ogmtools/

If one could integrate vobsub subtitles into the .ogm it would be the
perfect container for DVD backups ...

--
Rémi