[MPlayer-users] Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Pere Castañer Sardà XaRz69 at terra.es
Tue Oct 15 01:13:02 CEST 2002

Hi all,
I encoded the dvd of Black Hawk Down (spanish dvd release) and I used
these 3 commands for mencoder:

1)mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es  -ovc frameno -o audio.avi -oac mp3lame
vbr=3:more_options

2)mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es -oac copy -o movie.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1:vbitrate=1426:vhq -vop crop=718:284:0:50,
scale=720:384
3)mencoder -dvd 1 -alang es -oac copy -o movie.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2:vbitrate=1426:vhq -vop crop=718:284:0:50,
scale=720:384

The resulting is an avi of 1635M than I need to split in a 2 cd's of
875MB each one.

I used avidemux (because I don't know any other tool that split divx in
linux) and it desync the audio with the video.
I used virtualDub to compress the vbr audio to a 56kbps 22000Mhz mp3
audio layer for splitting the divx with virtualdub (virtualdub and
windows OSes don't like the vbr!)
My questions are:
1)MEncoder can arrange one divx made with mbr and pass to cbr mp3
audio?, how?
2)Another tools to cutting Divx with linux O.S?
3)Is there another option to increase quality of a divx encoded with
lavc?
4)Why when I compressed the vbr audio to cbr with Virtualdub sounds nice
in windows and sounds choopy with mplayer?

Sorry for all questions...I used to compress with mencoder using divx4
codec and now I'm a litle missed with lavc...

Thanks for all, in advance.
XaRz