[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon cards and VIDIX

Joel Larsson joel at rosafluffmoln.nu
Tue Nov 26 22:31:02 CET 2002

Hello,

I while ago I asked about Tvout, and since then I have used a
dxr3/hollywood+ and it have worked fine. The problem is that the whole
reencode to mpeg1 on the fly is rather cpu intense and  A/V sync is
often a problem in seeking.

Anyway!, what I really wanted to ask is about ATI cards. From reading
the mailinglist and webpages I have understod that Radeon 7000 and
Radeon VE is the same chip? Is the radeon 7000 a okey card to use with
tvout and vesa:vidix? Or should I go for a 7500 or 8500? Do anyone have
any experiance with any of these cards?

Cheers,
Joel