[MPlayer-users] Windows1250 to ISO8859-2 subtitles (not about patch from (dev), but similar)

Adam Tla/lka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Tue Mar 26 14:09:02 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:57:46PM +0100, Michal Seliga wrote:
> is that I never replaced font directory (i use iso-8859-2) so it must be something inside mplayer).
so that's the point - now mplayer uses font in Unicode mode
so to have working -subcp option we must have font with unicode order
of glyphs - it is written in docs

> The only possibility to have subtitles right is to have them recoded to iso-8859-2 and use -subcp latin1 in mplayer.
yes because font is treated as unicode but it is in iso-8859-2 order
So read the docs and get proper fonts - -subcp will be working correctly

Regards

--
 . .  Adam Tla/lka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
  )   System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
     PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl