[MPlayer-users] FYI: libdvdread breaks mplayer-0.60
petfl939 at student.liu.se
Fri Mar 15 20:36:02 CET 2002
I'm that kind of casual user that finds a good or useful program and
starts to use it if it compiles without THAT much hassle. MPlayer is
that kind of program. I'd like to thank you guys that have made this
program what is it today.
After that butt-kissing I'll just let you know that using libdvdread
managed to break my mplayer-0.60.
Since I'm using the infamous egcs-2.91.66 I won't call it a bug but a
somewhat troubling ... feature. ;P~
The packages I've installed is the mplayer-0.60 source with the
massaged win32-DLLs from the site, libdvdcss and libdvdread from Ogle and
the default skin.
libdvdcss-0.0.3 and libdvdread-0.9.2 are used.
Everything is compiled with egcs-2.91.66.
If I explicitly say "--disable-dvdread" everything works fine BUT if
libdvdread is used, an AVI-file that worked perfectly before generates the
[joorin at n155 joorin]$ mplayer anim/0201.avi
MPlayer 0.60-egcs-2.91.66 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)
CPU vendor name: GenuineIntel max cpuid level: 2 CPU: Intel Pentium III
Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner (Type: 6, Stepping: 3) Testing OS support
for SSE... yes. Testing OS support for SSE unmasked exceptions... yes.
Tests of OS support for SSE passed. CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1
3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0 Compiled for x86 CPU with features: MMX
MMX2 SSE Reading /home/joorin/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/home/joorin/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory Reading
/usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 26 audio & 70 video codecs font:
can't open file: /home/joorin/.mplayer/font/font.desc font: can't open
file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc Linux RTC init: open: No
such device Using usleep() timing Playing anim/0201.avi Not an URL!
Detected AVI file format! MainAVIHeader.dwFlags: (272) HAS_INDEX
IS_INTERLEAVED VIDEO: [IV50] 320x240 24bpp 10.00 fps 328.3 kbps (40.1
kbyte/s) [V] filefmt:3 fourcc:0x30355649 size:320x240 fps:10.00
ftime:=0.1000 Detected audio codec: [mp3] drv:1 (MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
mp3lib: Processor ID: 673 mp3lib: Using Pentium-MMX optimized decore.
AUDIO: srate=11025 chans=2 bps=2 sfmt=0x10 ratio: 2000->44100 Detected
video codec: [indeo5ds] drv:4 prio:0 (Intel Indeo 5) fs seg 0x40016000
Loading DLL: 'ir50_32.dll' External func OLEAUT32.dll:161 External func
MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_video_codec ***
free_stream() called ***
[joorin at n155 joorin]$
(My email program mangles the output, I hope you can decode it...)
My guess is that somewhere in the linking or the loading of the DLLs
something goes wrong.
The big difference between a working program and this one is:
> Loading DLL: 'ir50_32.dll'
> External func OLEAUT32.dll:161
> External func OLEAUT32.dll:163
I've tried to compile both with and without GUI but the problem doesn't go
away until I explicitly supply "--disable-dvdread".
My suggestion would be to make "dvdread" "no" per default in the configure
script to save someone else the same problem.
Keep up the good work!
More information about the MPlayer-users