[MPlayer-users] tv out

DEBERT Jean-Louis jl_debert at rsd-intl.com
Tue Jun 11 13:58:01 CEST 2002

> > I'm not sure but I don't think that -vo vesa can be used from
> > an X session ... However, with linux at least, you can always
> > press ctl-alt-Fn to get a true console session even when X is
> > running.
>
> Yeah, but it then blanks both X outputs so you can't watch the movie when
in text or another X console.

> I really want my 2 outputs to behave as different adaptors somewhat I'll
take it up with nvidia.

> Sam

This works with XFree (with the vga outputs, and the xinerama X extension)
but maybe not with the TV output... IMHO it will depend on your graphic
adapter (and your X driver ...).

Maybe by using -vo x11 and the xinerama extension in X ???
(assuming your X driver supports TV output, which, again,
works for me with the Matrox card, but I wouldn't know for Nvidia)
It's supposed to be slow because all scaling is done on the CPU,
but if you have a fast CPU maybe you don't care ??? It's worth
a try anyway.