[MPlayer-users] DVD sound sync

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 13:19:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:19:03 +0200
Marcus Blomenkamp <Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de> wrote:

> Me too ;-), and IIRC lots of others also seem to have sync problems when
> playing DVDs. Although my machine (Celeron466) isn't fast at all, I do
> not think it's a performance problem. My suspicion is that mplayer is
> not paying attention to some kind of constant time offset specified in
> the MPEG.

Please note that you not only need a fast enough cpu for watching movies
but also a fast graphic cards (both in drawing (aka hw scaling) and io speed)
and a fast motherboard. It can be that even a athlon 2GHz is too slow if
you have just the cheepest components around it.

On the other hand even a PII 400 can be fast enough if you use good
components.

		Attila Kinali

PS: yes, i'm using a PII 400 with good components :)
--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.