[MPlayer-users] tv out

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Tue Jun 11 14:36:11 CEST 2002

Re: [MPlayer-users] tv out
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DEBERT Jean-Louis
  To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
  Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 12:40 PM
  Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] tv out
  This works with XFree (with the vga outputs, and the xinerama X extension)
  but maybe not with the TV output... IMHO it will depend on your graphic
  adapter (and your X driver ...).
  Maybe by using -vo x11 and the xinerama extension in X ???
  (assuming your X driver supports TV output, which, again,
  works for me with the Matrox card, but I wouldn't know for Nvidia)
  It's supposed to be slow because all scaling is done on the CPU,
  but if you have a fast CPU maybe you don't care ??? It's worth
  a try anyway.

Yeah, it "works" but it's part of the same Xsession, if I switch to a different console, the screen goes blank till I switch back.

Sam