[MPlayer-users] TV Capture and AVI editing - Swann video capture

Dominique Rousseau domi at lee-loo.net
Tue Jul 2 10:37:01 CEST 2002

Le Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 12:14:15PM +1000, Glenn McHenry [datarigg at optusnet.com.au] a écrit:
> Does anyone (particularly Australians) have the Swann video capture card
> (not a tuner)?
> If you have figured it out and are using it frequently (through Linux of
> course) then I'd like to hear how you go about it.
> It has the BT (487?) chip in it and at the back it has an S-Video socket
> and 2 AV (video only) RCA jacks. PCI too of course.

If it's a BT-8x8 card, you can just follow any bt-card howto.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/BTTV.html
(maybe a bit outdated, but most of it is still relevant)

http://www.bytesex.org for the home of bttv driver

Mine is listed under /proc/pci as such :

  Bus  0, device   9, function  0:
    Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 17).
      IRQ 10.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=16.Max Lat=40.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xed003000 [0xed003fff].
  Bus  0, device   9, function  1:
    Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 (rev 17).
      IRQ 10.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=4.Max Lat=255.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xed000000 [0xed000fff].

Dom