[MPlayer-users] Re: Video Launcher

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Mon Jul 1 15:00:01 CEST 2002

Anssi Saari wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 11:47:26AM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> maybe this is off topic here ... maybe not. Mplayer is great video
>> player, but I dream of a video player completly controlled by lirc on
>> my tv set. So what's missing is a nice video launcher, a file selector
>> for movies to start mplayer with the movie I want to see.
>
> I always thought that if I ever get around to building that kind of box
> a file manager would do as the launcher. Or maybe mplayer GUI would be
> good enough?  Both should be operable with lirc, I think.

I use the G400 framebuffer so I don't have the mplayer gui and I don't
know of a lirc file browser in text mode.

But: I finally got freevo to work. If you have a G400 and want a nice
video launcher try http://freevo.sourceforge.net/. But: the docs are
bad. Try the current CVS version and read the mailling list archive
how to install it.

Dirk

--
I try to write idiot proof code, but they keep making better idiots.