[MPlayer-users] Comments on Joe Barrs MPlayer critizism

Gabucino gabucino at mplayer.dev.hu
Wed Jan 30 18:12:02 CET 2002

Flamebait! ;))

...blahblah, others already answered them...

>  hand the less RTFM the not-so-skilled user has to do, the less the
>  "Linux is so hard to use, you have to be a guru to even view an .avi"
>  advocates have behind their claims.

The more they RTFM, the less they ask (anger) people they shouldn't.
The more they RTFM, the sooner they emerge from the "/msg guru my linux is not
  working, helpme!" lamer group.
The more they RTFM, the less they post in slashdot :)
The more they RTFM, the more initiative they'll have.
The more they RTFM, the more they value TFMs.
The more they RTFM, the more they know english :)
The more they RTFM, the more value my WTFM will have :)
The more they RTFM, the more they know Unix.
The more they know Unix, the more they'll understand why Barr sux.
The more they understand why Barr sux, the better the world will be.

>  Oh, and as per the language in the FAQ and so on, I _really_ think
>  you should review and rewrite some of the answers. It isn't that
Send patch :)

>  funny to having struggled with a problem and finally looking it up
>  in the FAQ to be told you're stupid and should go away. That really
>  does not help the open source community a bit.
1. He goes away : good, Linux/... wasn't intended for him.
2. He doesn't go away : good, maybe someday he'll dump KDE for WindowMaker :)

--
Gabucino (who RTFMed much)