[MPlayer-users] Re: full screen problems with ATI tv out (was Re: [GATOS]recommended TVs for use with ATI Rage128 Tv-out svideo?)

Peter Surda shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at
Sun Jan 27 19:56:02 CET 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 12:41:13PM -0500, Velocet wrote:
> > > Any ideas around this?
> > use ati.2, then you can use
> > mplayer -vo sdl:x11 -fs
> > and everything is fullscreen.
> but if this is sposta come out my tvout, hows the mode change going to
> work?
I don't understand the question.

> if I use mplayer sdl:x11 it will display fullscreen at my current
> resolution, no?
Hmm dunno.

> (I sit in 1280x1024) - hows the TV out going to handle that?
> (and I spose I do need the cvs ati.2 XF86 so that I can get X on the tv
> out...)
you need devel branch of gatos cvs.

ATI tvout chips have a hardware maximum of either 800x600 or 1024x768,
depending on the model.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
              The best things in life are free, but the
                expensive ones are still worth a look.