[MPlayer-users] Re: full screen problems with ATI tv out (was Re: [GATOS]recommended TVs for use with ATI Rage128 Tv-out svideo?)

Velocet math at velocet.ca
Sun Jan 27 18:56:02 CET 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:18:25AM +0100, Peter Surda's all...
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 03:19:23AM -0500, Velocet wrote:
> > What you using to view this?
> Mostly aviplay and vlc.
>
> > Havent tried the CVS repository of gatos's ati.2 to get X on my tv to get
> > the -vo x11 type stuff going, but if vesa works, why bother? :)
> ... because ati.2 supportx Xv and DMA transfers. It means picture quality is
> WAY better and CPU load WAY lower.
>
> > Any ideas around this?
> use ati.2, then you can use
> mplayer -vo sdl:x11 -fs
> and everything is fullscreen.

but if this is sposta come out my tvout, hows the mode change going to
work? if I use mplayer sdl:x11 it will display fullscreen at my current
resolution, no? (I sit in 1280x1024) - hows the TV out going to handle
that? (and I spose I do need the cvs ati.2 XF86 so that I can get X
on the tv out...)

/kc

--
Ken Chase, math at velocet.ca  *  Velocet Communications Inc.  *  Toronto, CANADA