[MPlayer-users] [BUG REPORT] dvd + playtree dvdangle == 0

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Jan 25 08:38:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:31:12 -0500
D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:

> I just tried the following command line, playing around with the new
> -chapter syntax, and noticed a problem...
>
>   ./mplayer -vo mga -aid 128 -sid 0 dvd://1 -chapter 1-1 dvd://1 -chapter 3-3
>
> For the second dvd://1 in the list, dvdangle somehow gets set to 0
> rather than 1, resulting in the following fatal error:
>
>   Invalid DVD angle number: 0
>
> The DVD being tested is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (US/NTSC
> release). Adding -dvdangle 1 explicitly after the second dvd://1 makes
> it work, but this shouldn't have to be done.
>
> Also of interest -- the following does not help:
>
>   ./mplayer -vo mga -aid 128 -sid 0 -dvdangle 1 dvd://1 -chapter 1-1 dvd://1 -chapter 3-3
>
> The value of dvdangle *still* gets reset to 0 after the first chapter
> is played.
>
> If anyone would like further information, I'd be happy to provide more
> complete logs of output, but I don't think there's anything else that
> would help in debugging the problem.

	I done the playtree code and I was really wondering why this happen.
	I don't have any DVD drive so I can't test, but I understand what happend.
	On the beginning of the dvd playing dvd_angle is reduced by 1 to translate
	it from a "human indexing" (1 to ...) to a "computer indexing" (0 to ... ). If you
	have another dvd try with angle 2 or 3 and you will see it decrease after each
	entry. I think it will be fixed soon, but I can't do it.

		Albeu