[MPlayer-users] [BUG REPORT] dvd + playtree dvdangle == 0

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Jan 25 06:38:02 CET 2002

I just tried the following command line, playing around with the new
-chapter syntax, and noticed a problem...

  ./mplayer -vo mga -aid 128 -sid 0 dvd://1 -chapter 1-1 dvd://1 -chapter 3-3

For the second dvd://1 in the list, dvdangle somehow gets set to 0
rather than 1, resulting in the following fatal error:

  Invalid DVD angle number: 0

The DVD being tested is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (US/NTSC
release). Adding -dvdangle 1 explicitly after the second dvd://1 makes
it work, but this shouldn't have to be done.

Also of interest -- the following does not help:

  ./mplayer -vo mga -aid 128 -sid 0 -dvdangle 1 dvd://1 -chapter 1-1 dvd://1 -chapter 3-3

The value of dvdangle *still* gets reset to 0 after the first chapter
is played.

If anyone would like further information, I'd be happy to provide more
complete logs of output, but I don't think there's anything else that
would help in debugging the problem.

Rich Felker