[MPlayer-users] GUI Problem

Paul Copeland plc007 at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Jan 25 07:05:01 CET 2002

Hello All,

I am currently using MPlayer, and am very happy with the result.  As a
newcomer to Linux it has been a valuable find.  At present, however, I
am not using the GUI.  Because if I try to compile MPlayer with gui
enabled, it tells me it cannot locate gtk.

Now although a newbie I am not a complete dunderhead, I made sure gtk
(version 1.2.10-101) and libpng (version 2.1.0.12-25) are installed as
are all other related development tools, from the distribution CDs.  I
am running SuSE 7.3 Personal.

Is this a problem with MPlayer or is something in the wrong place in my
system.  I couldn't find anything in the archives exactly the same as my
problem, and I have searched the documentation.  Please forgive me if
this has been dealt with before.

Kind regards
Paul Copeland