[MPlayer-users] Alsa on Hercules Fortissimo (snd-cs46xx)

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Fri Aug 23 01:47:02 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 05:35 pm, Micael Beronius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Anyone got the above combination to work?
>
> Whatever I throw at MPlayer, I get:
>
> alsa-init: unable to set periodsize: Invalid argument
> couldn't open/init audio device -> NOSOUND
>
> I start MPlayer with -ao alsa9:hw:0
>
> I have alsa 0.9.0 rc2 installed, and working just fine with Ogle, so
> it appears to work to some extent.
>
> kernel 2.4.19 (Gentoo distro)
>
> I have searched over at alsa without finding anything matching
> periodsize..

I have the Fortissimo and use alsa as my primary ao, but then I use RH, so I'm
not sure exactly how it was setup.

What info would you need?  Tell me where to look and I'll get it for you.

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running RedHat Linux (Limbo beta) kernel 2.4.18-5.58 on an i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered strange at
first."