[MPlayer-users] fbdev & fullscreen?

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Aug 21 00:17:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Roberto De Leo <deleo at unica.it>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:58:13 +0000
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: [MPlayer-users] fbdev & fullscreen?

> Hi,
> I am trying to understand how to use mplayer 0.90pre6 with the frame buffer.
>
> My problem is that apparently there is no way to watch a movie in full
> screen:
> when you set "-fs" with the "-vo fbdev" option on apparently you cannot use
> the option "-zoom" so that you have to watch the movie at its own
> resolution.
>
> In particular, I have an avi movie set at 672x352, so that I cannot
> watch it when
> my fb resolution is 640x480 and I see it kind of small when my fb
> resolution is
> 800x600.

Try the 'fbset' utility to see what modes you have available (read the man pages on it) and maybe create
 a /etc/fb.modes entry for your vidcard && monitor refresh to use the resolution you need.  There are a few pages OTFW about fbdev stuff, do a search for framebuffer modes.

> Any solution? In alternative, any idea about how to produce from the
> original one
> a new avi with the right resolution?

Have you tried mencoder yet? It works great for that sort of thing, RTFManpages on that as well, it IS YOUR FRIEND.

> Thanks,
>  Roberto De Leo

/S. Smith