[MPlayer-users] vo_vesa introducing

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Oct 20 19:51:42 CEST 2001

Hello, Arpi!
On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:17:34 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Hello, Arpi!
> >
> > After all - could you tell me please:
> > Do you watch movies on your TV through vo_vesa?
> no, as G550 simply doesn't put the image to the second head. :(
> i have second monitor connected (at boot time too), but it's black.
> i'll try with TV later.

It's very strange - since copying of signal on multihead videcards
was DOCUMENTED by VBE3 specifications.
Maybe Matrox produces BIOS'es which are not fully compatible with VBE specifications?

> > What you think about performance and quality?
> quality? it shouldn't change :)
I guess.

> i'll make performance tests, didn't really checked yet.
> (as until today afternoon it didn't worked at all for me)
>
> > Some other quiestions:
> > Where I can find sample which requires Blit/Flip function?
> you mean flip_page() ?
> it's called by mplayer when the frame buffer should be dislpayed.

Could you send me example please?

> > To display OSD with vo_vesa mplayer should paint them together
> > with picture to memory buffer. (Vo_vesa doesn't have any kind
> > of "dest" pointers which presents in every vo_driver).
> not neccessary memory. but it's practical for speed :)
>
> you should call osd renderer with framebuffer address and stride.

As I already wrote - VESA has no framebuffer address but only window for
bank switching.