[MPlayer-users] vo_vesa introducing

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Oct 20 19:17:34 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Hello, Arpi!
>
> After all - could you tell me please:
> Do you watch movies on your TV through vo_vesa?
no, as G550 simply doesn't put the image to the second head. :(
i have second monitor connected (at boot time too), but it's black.
i'll try with TV later.

> What you think about performance and quality?
quality? it shouldn't change :)
i'll make performance tests, didn't really checked yet.
(as until today afternoon it didn't worked at all for me)

> Some other quiestions:
> Where I can find sample which requires Blit/Flip function?
you mean flip_page() ?
it's called by mplayer when the frame buffer should be dislpayed.

> To display OSD with vo_vesa mplayer should paint them together
> with picture to memory buffer. (Vo_vesa doesn't have any kind
> of "dest" pointers which presents in every vo_driver).
not neccessary memory. but it's practical for speed :)

you should call osd renderer with framebuffer address and stride.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu