[Mplayer-users] LATEST NEWS of mplayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 4 18:42:14 CEST 2001

Hi,

> It's the Question that drives us, Nick Kurshev :
> > These problems don't exist on my WindowMaker - I easy switch between windows;
> > when I switch workspace mplayer's window doesn't follow to new space; by pressing 'F'
> > I switch windowed and fullscreen modes without problems. So you should
> > correct information on main page of mplayer. At lease you can point to WindowMaker-0.65
> > as solution of those problems.
> First: I don't use SDL, and I think I didn't try it.
> Second: the current version (after Pontscho patched the ICCCM patch) of MPlayer
pontscho _removed_ the icccwm patch, and fixed his original motif-based
(using standard motif hints) fullscreen code to work with icewm.

> worked on my WindowMaker. Now the only windowmanagers that are known to have
> problems are KDE(2), and Motifs.
yes.

you can toggle codes with -fsmode bits:
bit 0  (1)  - 1 = enable ICCCWM (override everything, alwaysontop) patch
bit 1  (2)  - 0=bugfixed motif hints (0.18pre3)  1 = buggy (0.17a)
bit 2  (4)  - 0=properties=5  1=properties=4  (i dunno what's it, but may help)

so you can combine numbers from 0 to 7. altough, i think 0 and 1 are the
most common solutions (1 for kde2+motif, 0 for others)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu