[MPlayer-users] Re: "Can't open VMG info!" error...

gvlyakh at mail.ru gvlyakh at mail.ru
Mon Dec 24 22:09:24 CET 2001

Sure, first thing... after a failure:-)

> > I installed mplayer from sources and tried to play a DVD, and got the
> > following error:
>
> What sources? What version of libdvdread (and libdvdcss)?

Currently:
MPlayer CVS-011223-06:00-2.95.3
libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3-1.i686.rpm
libdvdread-0.9.2-1.i686.rpm

> > Reading disc structure, please wait...
> > libdvdread: Can't seek to block 256
> > libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
> > Can't open VMG info!
>
> Is the DVD mounted? If so, unmount it. (Should be no problem to have the
> disc mounted, but sometimes this seems to cause trouble).

Doesn't work in either case.

> Mount it with the UDF-Filesystem and check if there is a directory
> containing above missing file.

Yes, it's there. But, as I told, if I try to cp files from the dvd, or dd
from it, I get I/O errors... Is it just a problem with UDF/Linux, or does
it mean that my dvd-drive (Model=MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8587) can't play this
(and other?) dvd. I checked it on a normal dvd-player in the store - the
disk is ok. But the drive works fine with CDs, also I was able to install
SuSE from a dvd, although I did get several errors and had to restart the
installation...

> BTW: Which DVD?

My Fair Lady

Thanks