[MPlayer-users] Re: "Can't open VMG info!" error...

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Mon Dec 24 14:09:19 CET 2001

gvlyakh at mail.ru wrote:

> I installed mplayer from sources and tried to play a DVD, and got the
> following error:

What sources? What version of libdvdread (and libdvdcss)?

> Reading disc structure, please wait...
> libdvdread: Can't seek to block 256
> libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
> Can't open VMG info!

Is the DVD mounted? If so, unmount it. (Should be no problem to have the
disc mounted, but sometimes this seems to cause trouble).

If this does not help:

Mount it with the UDF-Filesystem and check if there is a directory
containing above missing file.

BTW: Which DVD?

S!

--
BOFH excuse #56:

Electricians made popcorn in the power supply