[MPlayer-users] Re: "Can't open VMG info!" error...

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Mon Dec 24 23:55:07 CET 2001

gvlyakh at mail.ru wrote:

> libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3-1.i686.rpm
> libdvdread-0.9.2-1.i686.rpm

Hmm. Please try to compile them yourself using a compiler other than
gcc2.97minus1.

> Yes, it's there. But, as I told, if I try to cp files from the dvd, or dd
> from it, I get I/O errors...

This may be because of the CSS-Encryption. Try tccat (or something else)
to copy/rip the VOB-files.

> But the drive works fine with CDs, also I was able to install SuSE
> from a dvd, although I did get several errors and had to restart the
> installation...

Please check in another DVD-PC-Drive, maybe yours is broken.

>> BTW: Which DVD?

> My Fair Lady

But in this case the built in "Bad-Taste"-Protection seem to kick in,
preventing this DVD from beeing seen. (Naa, just kidding ;))

S°