[MPlayer-users] divx4 problem, and skins problem...

Alexander Werth (gmx) alexander.werth at gmx.de
Sun Dec 2 20:51:57 CET 2001

Am Sam, 2001-12-01 um 20.19 schrieb Housebee:
> I wanted to include divx4 from projectMayo, and downloaded the files from:
> http://download2.projectmayo.com/dnload/divx4linux/divx4linux-20010718.zip
> The doc told me after extracting the files, i should run ./install.sh .
> I presumed the file was included, but it was not, and therefor with compiling mplayer with divx suppport configure told me divx support not included. At least the projectMayo files that is..
Hy,
first of all, you should check Your mailclient setup since it doesn't
warp lines. That's annoying for most people since the sender and not the
reciever should take care of linewarping and so most email clients don't
warp incomming mails. That's because the reciever has no idea at all how
and which lines he should warp. (Think of a big table for example)

second, copy the files to the following places:
/usr/include/encore2.h
/usr/local/lib/libdivxencore.so.0.0.0
/usr/include/decore.h
/usr/local/lib/libdivxdecore.so.0.0.0
You may want to create symbolic links to libdivxdecore.so.0,
libdivxdecore.so, libdivxencore.so.0 and libdivxencore.so
example (in /usr/local/lib/):
ln -s libdivxdecore.so.0.0.0 libdivxdecore.so.0
Check if /usr/local/lib is in Your /etc/ld.so.conf
Run ldconfig
> Can someone tell me what i should do to include the downloaded divx files, or should i download another package, because this one is broken? I run Debian with kernel 2.5.0.
Wasn't 2.5.0 the same as broken 2.4.15-turkey ?

Alexander Werth
--
The right to read is a battle being fought today...