[MPlayer-users] Re: divx4 problem, and skins problem...

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Sun Dec 2 20:48:35 CET 2001

Housebee <housebee at xs4all.nl> schrieb:
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 12:19:30PM +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:

>>> Can someone tell me what i should do to include the downloaded divx
>>> files, or should i download another package, because this one is
>>> broken? I run Debian with kernel 2.5.0.

>> Hmm, running an unstable and broken developement kernel and NOT being
>> able to copy the divx4 files to their right places WITHOUT an
>> install.sh?

> Having no install.sh in the downloaded archive has nothing to do with
> my kernel.

It has. If you are not able to solve such a simple problem, then this
kernel (which will eat your filesystem for lunch) is definately not the
right one for you.

> But that is probably clear. I just wanted to know if the package is
> broken, which i think it is. I therefor have to place the  files
> manualy into the right dirs, but what are the right dirs, and how do i
> take this with me when i do a ./configure.

The libraries have to be put in your system and put the header files,
where header files have to be put in your system.

This has nothing to do with mplayer, only with your incapability to read
and understand the _basic_ things using and adminstering a Unix-System.

I suggest you to get a book about the filesystem hierachie of a unix
system, so you won't emberass yourself any longer.

>> Are you sure you do the right thing here?
> Positively.

I doubt it.

S!

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
11: Swapspace