[MPlayer-translations] r20540 - in trunk: DOCS/xml/pl/audio.xml DOCS/xml/pl/bugreports.xml DOCS/xml/pl/bugs.xml DOCS/xml/pl/cd-dvd.xml DOCS/xml/pl/codecs.xml DOCS/xml/pl/containers.xml DOCS/xml/pl/documentation.xml DOCS/xml/pl/encoding-guide.xml DOCS/xml/pl/faq.xml DOCS/xml/pl/history.xml DOCS/xml/pl/install.xml DOCS/xml/pl/mencoder.xml DOCS/xml/pl/ports.xml DOCS/xml/pl/radio.xml DOCS/xml/pl/skin.xml DOCS/xml/pl/tvinput.xml DOCS/xml/pl/usage.xml DOCS/xml/pl/video.xml help/help_mp-pl.h help/help_mp-pl.h.charset

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Nov 2 19:17:01 CET 2006

On Thursday, 02 November 2006 at 12:57, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
> Torinthiel wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:25:06PM +0100, kraymer wrote:
> >> Author: kraymer
> >> Date: Mon Oct 30 22:25:02 2006
> >> New Revision: 20540
> >>
> >> Modified:
> >>    trunk/DOCS/xml/pl/bugs.xml
> >>    trunk/DOCS/xml/pl/cd-dvd.xml
> >>    trunk/DOCS/xml/pl/faq.xml
> >>    trunk/DOCS/xml/pl/tvinput.xml
> >>    trunk/DOCS/xml/pl/video.xml
> >
> > I can understand why you've beat me doing it. But why you've done it wrong?
>
> Well, that had nothing to do with beating someone, really.

A semantic misunderstanding, I presume. "To beat somebody to (doing) something"
means doing it faster/earlier that the other person.

> > Some files, the ones left above to be precise, were ALREADY in UTF-8.
> > Now, there's CRAP inside, which has to be reverted.
>
> Hm, that was really unexpected. Why would anyone want to mix encodings?

Some Polish translators preferred UTF-8, some ISO8859-2. As long as it was
working and there was no policy in MPlayer against it, we saw no reason to
change.

Regards,
R.

--