[MPlayer-translations] Re: [MPlayer-DOCS] r21641 - in trunk/DOCS/xml: Makefile zh zh/Makefile zh/audio.xml zh/bugreports.xml zh/bugs.xml zh/documentation.xml

Torinthiel torinthiel at megapolis.pl
Sun Dec 17 18:02:32 CET 2006

On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 04:56:50PM +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
> > Log:
> > Initial Chinseese translation, by Kun Niu, haoniukun gmail com
>
> Yeah, that's great news :)
> However, I'm getting lots of warnings when I build the docs:
>
>  >> No localization exists for "zh" or "". Using default "en".
>
> However, the resulting html page appears to be rendered correctly. Is it
> something I am missing on my system? I couldn't spot anything  wrong in
> the modified/added Makefiles..

The html page looks correct. But the docbook-generated text (next,
previous, up, chapter, note, example etc.) don't

It's either:
a) the docbook's xsl stylesheet don't provide a general Chinese
translation
b) there's no such thing as 'general Chinsese translation' and you have
to specify dialect.

For me hand-editing zh/main.xml <book lang="zh_cn"> worked. A more
general solution would be 'svn move zh zh_cn', but I'm not sure if it's
correct. I also have zh_tw, but I believe it's Taiwanese.
Kun Niu, can you shed some light on this?
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl