[MPlayer-translations] Re: [MPlayer-DOCS] r21641 - in trunk/DOCS/xml: Makefile zh zh/Makefile zh/audio.xml zh/bugreports.xml zh/bugs.xml zh/documentation.xml

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Sun Dec 17 18:42:26 CET 2006

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 04:56:50PM +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
>> > Log:
>> > Initial Chinseese translation, by Kun Niu, haoniukun gmail com
>>
>> Yeah, that's great news :)
>> However, I'm getting lots of warnings when I build the docs:
>>
>>  >> No localization exists for "zh" or "". Using default "en".
>>
>> However, the resulting html page appears to be rendered correctly. Is
>> it something I am missing on my system? I couldn't spot anything
>> wrong in the modified/added Makefiles..
>
> The html page looks correct. But the docbook-generated text (next,
> previous, up, chapter, note, example etc.) don't

Yes, I noticed that too..

> It's either:
> a) the docbook's xsl stylesheet don't provide a general Chinese
> translation
> b) there's no such thing as 'general Chinsese translation' and you have
> to specify dialect.

> For me hand-editing zh/main.xml <book lang="zh_cn"> worked. A more
> general solution would be 'svn move zh zh_cn', but I'm not sure if it's
> correct. I also have zh_tw, but I believe it's Taiwanese.
> Kun Niu, can you shed some light on this?

It appears that moving the directory to zh_CN is the cleanest solution.

Without editing anything else (except the Makefile, replacing zh by zh_cn)
did the trick: fixed compilation warnings and docbook-generated text
without any need to fiddle with main.xml (which is not version controlled
anyway).By the way, we have different files for the help messages too (zh_TW and
zh_CN -- note the uppercase letters) so that would keep things consistent
too.
I intend to commit this change soon if nobody gives a reason why this
might be wrong.
Torinthiel, thanks for help on this :)

Sebastian