[MPlayer-matrox] broken fb gfx

Peter Magnusson iocc at mplayer.lists.flashdance.cx
Mon Apr 18 21:45:29 CEST 2005

I wonder if its just me or if everyone got this problem...
Im using mga_vid (probably from a patched MPlayer version) in
2.6.10-1.770_FC3smp. I init tv-out in fb with this:

modprobe i2c-matroxfb
modprobe matroxfb_maven
modprobe matroxfb_crtc2

con2fb /dev/fb1 /dev/tty6
matroxset -f /dev/fb1 -m 0
matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 3
matroxset 1

fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -left 40 -right 0 -upper 61 -lower 32 -hslen 46 -vslen 4
-xres 704 -yres 528 -vxres 704 -vyres 528 -depth 32 -laced false -bcast
true

I play movies on the tvout with this alias:

alias tv='sudo nice -n -20 /usr/local/bin/mplayer -vo mga -quiet -screenw
704 -screenh 528 -fs'

I got a G400 MAX. I use 1792x1344x24 @ 75 Hz in X.

After played something I get the console framebuffer overwritten with
junk. The graphic is totally messed up... It sometimes happends just when I
write something in the console also... And sometimes it doesnt happend. I
have to switch to an other console and back again to get it right. It was
like this even when I used 2.4... Sometimes during 2.4 this happend. I
belive it was so early as before 2.4.10 that it still worked fine..

I was hoping someone else would notice this so I didnt mail about it. But
since its still not fixed... I wonder if its just me or if others got this
problem?

I took a screenshot of the problem to better illustrate what I mean:
http://flashdance.cx/mga/mga-fb-broken-gfx.jpg

(and if someone still want mga-vid-2.6.11-2005-03-06.tar.gz its there now
  instead of /tmp)