[MPlayer-matrox] video= arguments with kernel modules

Peter Magnusson iocc at mplayer.lists.flashdance.cx
Mon Apr 18 22:01:18 CEST 2005

Im trying to boot linux with this argument: video=matrox:vesa:283,noblink
to get into the framebuffer directly at boot. But it doesnt work at all :(
Because if I later init the tvout-stuff in the fb I wont be able to use any
other console than just the one that I was in.

When I had these:
modprobe i2c-matroxfb
modprobe matroxfb_maven
modprobe matroxfb_crtc2
+ whatever more modules it uses in the kernel this worked fine but nothing
happends when its not. Or maybe 2.6 has changed something. It worked on
2.4. Does anyone know how I can switch to video=matrox:vesa:283,noblink
fb mode at boot and still have these as modules?

I got 2.6.10-1.770_FC3smp, G400 MAX.