[Mplayer-matrox] Video output to TV out on an MGA400DH32MAX

Guido Reimer g.reimer at garbanicap.de
Wed Dec 15 11:47:17 CET 2004

There is a 3ed way to get TV-out to work with Mplayer.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/video.html#dfbmga

I think this is a much better way. But it's not simple.

----------------------------------

>http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/video.html#tvout-mga-g400

Okay, I've read that before. As far as I understand this I have two methods:

1. the XFree and 2. the framebuffer thing.

I kinda wanted to tackle this in two steps. First, I'd like to see if TV-out

would ever work. Therefore I went for the XFree method and got it to work -
but only for the basic X stuff. I wasn't able to watch the movie there yet.
According to what's on the documentation about this I should get to an
unaccellerated video playback. But that didn't happen. Again my question,
which is IMHO not answered in the mplayer's online documentation, how do I
finally address the desktop that's shown on the TV's screen for the mplayer
playback window? Which video driver (-vo ???) do I have to choose? Do I have

to setenv DISPLAY :1.0 or :0.1 or something like that additionally?

As soon as I got this done I want to go on with the framebuffer.

CU!

-Mike