[MPlayer-G2-dev] dual licensing try 2

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Mon Feb 23 17:22:39 CET 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > > I am from the RMS camp
> > That doesn't mean you shouldn't think.
> We do think. It's you who doesn't think. You just act on greed.
You said yourself that you don't want money from duallicensing, so stop
saying this.

> > It helps the developers.
> It DOES NOT HELP THE DEVELOPERS. Unless you mean paying Arpi and
> possibly yourself
Dual-licensing money would be available for every developer - if they (you)
refuse accepting it due to religious RMS-Rulez-Free-Like-Beer/Whatever reasons,
that is entirely your problem.

> He's not saying that WE will be crippling software. Rather, we would
> be auiding proprietary software companies in crippling their software
> (by including DRM, no source code, etc. while taking advantage of
> MPlayer code). This is bad!!
We already do. The only way we won't help them is closing the source entirely.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team