[MPlayer-G2-dev] dual licensing try 2

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Feb 23 16:45:49 CET 2004

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 03:46:43PM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> rsnel at cube.dyndns.org wrote:
> > I am from the RMS camp
> That doesn't mean you shouldn't think.

We do think. It's you who doesn't think. You just act on greed.

> > Is there a really good reason for you to help companies doing those
> > nefarious things?
> It helps the developers.

It DOES NOT HELP THE DEVELOPERS. Unless you mean paying Arpi and
possibly yourself, which the other developers DO NOT CONSIDER HELPFUL.

> > I consider limiting the end user by crippling software
> What crippling? Read the thread again.

He's not saying that WE will be crippling software. Rather, we would
be auiding proprietary software companies in crippling their software
(by including DRM, no source code, etc. while taking advantage of
MPlayer code). This is bad!!

Rich