[MPlayer-G2-dev] libaf

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Aug 8 16:02:51 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Ok to the questions:
>
> 1. I have pretty much figured out how to define config_data_s,
>    config_defaults, config_t config_format[] and xx_info_t structs, but
>    I don't get how I am supposed to read the configuration data, I guess
>    it will be in the config_defaults struct, but when is it valid?

No.
You should read DOCS/config.txt of g2, it's explained there.
Your filter's open/init/create (whatever you call it) function should
get the pointer to the config structure. Normally it's cloned (copied)
from your config_defaults, unless UI changes sth.

> 2. How does runtime configuration work, where do I export the pointer

That part is not finalized yet, but in my plans there will be a flag to
select runtime (without reinit) changeable parameters. When the others are
changed, the filter will be re-inited (or re-opened).
When runtime chanegable parameter is changed, a special control (CFG_NOTIFY
or so) will be called. This part is not yet implemented...
(i'm waiting for teh first (G)UI to be able to test such thing)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu