[MPlayer-G2-dev] Developing a GTK2 GUI

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 3 18:25:50 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > Bloat is not just code size. It's also binary size, data size, and
> > speed. The bloat here is requiring libglade, libxml, etc. for a movie
> > player! For goodness sake!! Look how massive and slow mozilla is by
> > using its horrible gui layout language rather than just coding the gui
> > native. I'm sure libglade is nowhere near as bad, but the whole thing
> > is just dumb in principle. Especially if you have to write the code in
> > C already to build a gui from exported config data. WTF is the point
> > of writing mplayer config -> xml converter, then using glade to build
> > the gui? You could just build the gui direct from the config data...
> >

> Hm, it worked differently last time I saw a program that used glade ...
>
> You take xml-Files and glade makes C-Files/Objs out of it ...
>
> So no necessary bindings to libglade, libxml or whatever ...

but the main idea here si to build gui in runtime, so loading new (unknown)
plugins and configuring them via the gui will work too.

> Fabian

welcome back. what about the stream/demux metadata/playlist export we talked
about last time, before you disappeared? :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu