[MPlayer-dvb] Mencoder and DVB-C Non-FTA channels

Jonas Roum-Møller jonasrm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:29:28 CEST 2006

Hello,

I've been reading through this list but has not been able to find a
solution for my problem. I currently have a TechnoTrend-C1500 with a CI
module and a Viaccess CAM. I have a subscription card, and everything
works in windows on another machine. But how can i, using
mplayer/mencoder, view Non-FTA channels?

I use: mencoder -of mpeg -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.mpeg dvb://CHANNEL
for recording, and this works fine for FTA channels, but no video stream
is found for pay-tv channels.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, perhaps if it is not possible with
mplayer, then another program?

Best Regards,
Jonas