[Mplayer-dvb] Skystar 2 & mplayer 1.0pre2 probs

Prakash K. Cheemplavam prakashpublic at gmx.de
Wed Nov 19 12:06:28 CET 2003

>>> 1) use the last version  from cvs, your mplayer seems to be 1.0pre2
>>> which is obsolete (as far as dvb:// is concerned)
>>
>> Ok, then I'll wait for a new release or try to hack an ebuild for cvs
>> (I am on gentoo).
>
> just unpack and run
> ./configure --enable-menu && make all install

Yes, I know it will work like this, but I don't want to mess up my
gentoo instalation. I don't know whether you now about the portage
system. I my eyes it keeps the system somewhat tidy as you can (more or
less) cleanly remove/upgrade packages. In doing this manually will be
conterproductive. But I think it may be as easy as getting sources from
cvs, packing them into a tgz and then using a slighty modified ebuild
from portage. I will probably try this at evening.

> that's all you have to do, provided you have the dvb headers in the
> right place: /usr/include/linux/dvb/*.h

Since you mention it: How is the situation with kernel 2.6? I used
--with-dvbincdir (or alike) to point to the includes to the 2.6 kernel,
as otherwise the includes are not installed to the system. WoOuld it
make sense to modify configure for 2.6 kernels to search in
/usr/src/linux/include/ (or wherever it was)?

>> Yes, -cache works, but stutters, as one could expect. Nevertheless the
>> channel switching is very slow. Hope with CVS version it is faster.
>
> maybe you mean -nocache, right?

Yes, of course. ;-)

> I don't know anything about xvmc, but the place for bugreports is
> mplayer-users.

Ok, I'll do so.

bye,

Prakash