[Mplayer-dvb] Skystar 2 & mplayer 1.0pre2 probs

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Wed Nov 19 10:30:29 CET 2003

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> 1) use the last version  from cvs, your mplayer seems to be 1.0pre2
>> which is obsolete (as far as dvb:// is concerned)
>

> Ok, then I'll wait for a new release or try to hack an ebuild for cvs
> (I am on gentoo).

just unpack and run
./configure --enable-menu && make all install

that's all you have to do, provided you have the dvb headers in the
right place: /usr/include/linux/dvb/*.h

>> 2) don't trim logs (they explain what is going on)
>

> Well, I didn't do braindead trimming. Just tried to del redundant
> parts or rather parts yielding no new infos. As I saw where the
> channel switch was, I didn't take it out.
>

>> 3) I asked you to send the log to me, not to the ML, because I knew
>> it would be huge (as it is)
>

> Sorry, my fault.
>

>> The bug is in the cache management code: it simply doesn't work in
>> 1.0pre2, but I fixed 2 weeks ago;
>> if you don't want to change mplayer, add -nocache to the command line
>

> Yes, -cache works, but stutters, as one could expect. Nevertheless the
> channel switching is very slow. Hope with CVS version it is faster.

maybe you mean -nocache, right?

> Should I post in the main player newslist regarding the xvmc issue? Or
> is it a known issue? (It simply doesn't want to work with nvidia binary.)

I don't know anything about xvmc, but the place for bugreports is
mplayer-users.

> Thanx again.
>
> Prakash

You are welcome :)