[Mplayer-dvb] DVB doesn't render

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Sun Aug 25 01:04:50 CEST 2002

Am Samstag, 24. August 2002 23:22 schrieb goldwing:
> Im Having a problem with Rendering to my DVB Card. I am using the
> Siemens Chip on the Technotrend star? 1. When i configured the Mplayer,
> it recognized the DVB.I even reconfigured using force (--enable-dvb). It
> also recognized the card. When i call up...mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao
> mpegpes /filename    It shows it playing in the console but doesn't
> render to the DVB card....( doesn't show on the TV). If i render it to
> x11 it works fine. I have tried it by starting dvb(rcdvb start), without
> starting dvb, with running vdr, without running vdr...I have no more
> ideas...Any help would be apprieciated....Thanx!!
>
> 						 goldwing

First of all load the driver, second one determine if it is mpeg1/2 or some
kind of formats that the card didn't display. if it is the second one you
have to add the -vop lavc option to realtime-converting to mpeg to display
it. if that doesnt help you have to tell some more information ;o)

Computer are like air conditioners: They stop working properly if you open
windows!