[Mplayer-dvb] a/v sync mencoder with *.vdr files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 24 04:54:01 CET 2001

Hi,

> i'm experiencing serious A/V sync problems with mencoder while encoding vdr recordings :-/
> Don't get me wrong, most are okay, but some are terrible out of sync (up to half a second i guess - quite noticable)
Strange. I didn't etsted lot with VDR files yet. Could you upload such .vdr
file which triggers this effect in mencoder?

> Is it only synced at the beginning until it's supposed to be in sync ? Or is mencoder checking the PTS for every A / V packet and syncing
> accordingly ?
it uses PTS and sync timers, as you can see in status line of mencoder.
it can be disabled with -mc 0 option. maybe you disabled?

> I guess the latter is needed, because i have some recordings that are in sync at the beginning (mencoder told something about duplicated frames)
> and after 30 mins or so the a/v sync is lost (maybe half a second wrong) ....
of course.

> AFAIK some DVBs recordings have this problem - i'm unsure why, but it seems that it's already broadcasted this way ...
maybe the vdr files are bad? did you try to playback these vdr files wit
mplayer? did they have good a-v sync?

> Unfortunately the file is more than 1 GB - so it's rather impossible to upload it to check it out for you :-( !?
no problem at our side. we have >2gb free space at incoming wih 10mbit net.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu