[Mplayer-dvb] a/v sync mencoder with *.vdr files

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Sat Nov 24 01:09:18 CET 2001

Hi,

i'm experiencing serious A/V sync problems with mencoder while encoding vdr recordings :-/
Don't get me wrong, most are okay, but some are terrible out of sync (up to half a second i guess - quite noticable)

Is it only synced at the beginning until it's supposed to be in sync ? Or is mencoder checking the PTS for every A / V packet and syncing accordingly ?
I guess the latter is needed, because i have some recordings that are in sync at the beginning (mencoder told something about duplicated frames) and after 30 mins or so the a/v sync is lost (maybe half a second wrong) ....

AFAIK some DVBs recordings have this problem - i'm unsure why, but it seems that it's already broadcasted this way ...

Any idea ?

Unfortunately the file is more than 1 GB - so it's rather impossible to upload it to check it out for you :-( !?

Martin.