[MPlayer-DOCS] Change charset for help_mp-de.h

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sun Sep 17 04:12:23 CEST 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 01:25:34PM +0200, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> since I'm using unicode on my system for a while now, I'd like to change
> the character encoding of help_mp-de.h from iso-8859-1 to utf-8. It makes
> editing the file easier for me.My guess is that iconv will take care of all necessary conversions when
> the sources are compiled but well, I thought I better ask here for
> opinions on that before commiting the following changes:
> 1. conversion: iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 help_mp-de.h > <new version>
>
> 2. change of help_mp-de.h.charset
>
> Is it okay to go with that?

I'm in favor of it. That looks like the right way to do it. BTW there
may be a way to tag text files with svn to indicate their charset. Not
sure if we're doing it yet but we should if it's possible, since it
might enable the diffs sent to mailing list to be flagged with the
correct charset (and thus readable).

Rich